Monday, July 3, 2017

The cool stepdad

    Transfer Calls came thins morning. We BOTH are transferring. I've only been here for 1 Transfer so I was not expecting that at all. I'm going to go to Okegawa as the District Leader and my new companion is a transfer 2 trainee. That makes me his second trainer so I'm like his stepdad. It's ok, he'll love me. 😅
      So the coolest thing that happened this week was a couple called us up saying they had met the missionaries before and wanted to take the lessons. So we went over there and the husband had taken the lessons up to the point where he would've gotten baptized but he couldn't quit smoking so the missionaries dropped him. He had just gotten married a month earlier so no missionaries had ever met his wife. Well she was a good influence on him and together they decided to quit smoking so they could have missionaries over and learn about God to help their life. So they already conquered smoking! Hen we taught the 1st lesson and taught her how to pray and they loved it. The wife read some of the Book of Mormon we gave her and felt the Spirit tell her it was true. She called us the next morning to tell us she knew it was true and wanted to join the church! Isn't that such a miracle?! God really does speak to the hearts of those looking for truth. I know He prepared this couple to hear the gospel and that it will bless their lives so much. They're amazing and I'm excited for the next missionaries to continue working with them.
      I know this gospel is true and that it truly does help all those who accept and act upon its teachings. It has blessed me so much and continues to especially bless me here on a mission. I'm so glad I have this opportunity and look forward to the remaining 4.5 months! Onward in so great a cause!

 Elder Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment