Tuesday, February 7, 2017

I apologize in advance for this email

Yeah.
     Life since becoming a Zone Leader has not been as glamorous as some may believe. I am soooooo tired. I'll just sum up everything in about 30 seconds.

     We went to visit a college and help out but instead we got locked out. We'll try again later. There were Christmas lights though because the city didn't feel like taking them down. That was a plus.
     We went housing and found a Chinese couple. Everywhere I go there's more Chinese people. I think I'm supposed to learn something from this. Like, learn Chinese so I can teach them better! However, that's easier said than done. And it's not very easy to say.
     Almost all the rest of our time was taken up by trainings and meetings. My head is so tired I can't speak Japanese OR English.
     And today. Well, since today is Tuesday that means it was temple P-day. That was much needed. I managed to do that in Japanese without dying. A lot of my friends were here so it made me happy. Elder Wilcox was there and afterwards we spent the day in Tokyo with him. To add to that, they brought Takashi from Kisarazu! It was so good to see him after so long. (BTW it's been like a whole month). We went around all over the place and sat in cars, rode segways, took selfies with giant robots, y'know, just the usual day in Tokyo.
     Tomorrow we have splits with the Assistants in Tokyo. I've never done missionary work in Tokyo before but I'm excited. I actually don't want to move to Tokyo because there's so much worldliness to get distracted by but I guess it can't be helped and it's only for a day.
Love, Elder Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment