Monday, January 30, 2017

QUARANTINE

So you may be able to guess from the title but not much happened this week.

     Monday night Elder Watabe and I found a young Chinese guy and he invited us back for lessons later. Yesterday we found a Filipino lady who also invited us back for lessons later and she'll be coming to church soon.  My call should've said:

"Elder Rogers, you are called to serve in the Japan, Tokyo Mission, Chinese and Tagalog. speaking."

      Anyway, Monday night I got sick and went to the doctor's on Tuesday morning. They told me I had "Infruenza" and then freaked out way hard and told me to go straight home and not leave the apartment until Sunday. So I was quarantined to a little room in the back of the apartment for five days and forced to sleep as much as possible. Hibernating is cool for like the first day and a half but then you get over it. I slept for like 2 days and woke up just to eat and then I got bored and studied scriptures all day for 3 more days. That was actually fun though. I really like the full set of scriptures. They're way cool.
     I did sneak out of the sick bay one time for a Worldwide Missionary Broadcast and it was way cool. They changed our schedule so that we have a lot more freedom to work at more effective times. They've started to trust us a lot more and it's great. I don't feel like a little kid getting directions for every little thing. They basically just say "these are thing you need to do every day at some point. Other than that just go be effective and work hard." It's really nice because we've seen a lot of improvements already from it. Missionaries are doing a lot better work now!
     Yeah, that's about all the important events from this week. We went back to the big Buddha and found out that you can go inside it. So we climbed up to the top and it was cool. One of the members is going to take us to Costco tonight and I'm way excited because I've never been to Costco on my mission. It's going to be awesome because we're having a pizza party with all 6 missionaries. It's good to be in Takasaki.
     Oh yeah! While I was sick the members kept waking me up to tell me "get well soon!" and give us a whole ton of food. It was so awesome. I just build relationships with members by crashing bikes and getting horrible diseases. The other elders were happy about it and I'm now the favorite in the apartment. We'll see how long that lasts. They'll turn when I'm not the bread winner anymore, lol.
Elder Rogers Chinese New Year?

No comments:

Post a Comment