Monday, January 2, 2017

When you get a late call from your Mission President...

Hey.
     I probably won't write much this week. Not really in the mood. This week was actually really good. We had splits with the Zone Leaders in Chiba and it was way awesome. Elder Hirao and I talked to a ton of people and of course it rained all day. Literally every time I go on splits. Whatever.
     It's always fun. Elder Hirao gave me good advice on how to improve, for which I was very grateful. A lot of the time no one will tell me what I can do better, like they're afraid to hurt my feelings. We got invited over to a member's house and that has only ever happened with one family ever so we were really surprised and happy. It was the Takis and they fed us 4 pizzas! We had actually had pizza at the Zone Leaders' two days before, then the Dominos by our apartment had a deal so we got some the next day, then we happened to have pizza at the member's house. It looked and tasted way too so we didn't say anything about it to them but we got pizza for 3 straight days. For those of you who live in luxurious America and don't know the struggles of living in Japan, a pizza is $30 over here. We never get pizza. It was the most blessed cheesy feast I've ever had. Then they invited us to go to this really famous Chrostmas lights place. Sorry for my poor English. They invited us to go somewhere that is famous for its decorations. We'll go tonight.
     We had District Meeting with the Zone Leaders and it was good. The elders I assigned trainings to called me the night before asking me what they were supposed to talk about. Yeah. Missionaries may be endowed with power from on high but when it gets down to it, we're really just a bunch of 18, 19, 20 year old kids. Lol. They did a great job and it was really fun.
     On Sunday for New Years we got invited to another member's house and had lunch together. It was way good and we played a card game afterwards about Japanese poems and it was just way hard. I did ok, but they had memorized it and I'm white so despite doing well, I got creamed. I did better than expected though. After that we rode a train home and had dinner with another family. That's unheard of here but it was way awesome.
     Now for the big news. Sunday night President Nagano called me. I had no idea why so I just asked, "Can I help you?" "Actually you can. We're going to need you to emergency transfer to Takasaki and be the new Zone Leader." What?! Transfer calls weren't supposed to be for 2 more weeks! I was completely caught off guard and wanted to say "No way! I'm not done with Kisarazu yet!" But of course I didn't. I probably sounded really dumb while I was just like, "Oh-Kay. Where is Takasaki?" I have to be there on Friday, which is really unfortunate because I was going to take Yi and Takashi to the temple on Saturday! I tried every means available to make it there but there's just no luck this time. Elder Wilcox will take her. I'll go with her in a year and we'll take Jonivar with us. So that's the big news. Elder Rogers has been promoted to Zone Leader for who knows why. My new Zone baptized monthly and is doing great so I was cautioned to not mess it up. I don't know the slightest thing about being a Zone Leader but I didn't know anything about Training or being District Leader either so we'll see what happens.
Elder Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment