Monday, January 9, 2017

Emergency Transferred into the leading zone

Hey.
     So I got transferred into he number 1 zone in the mission and they want me to lead it. Yay, I'm excited.
     We had a baptismal interview with one man and he passed so he will get baptized next week along with another woman. We also have several more on the way if they all turn out. It's really cool to see all the awesome miracles happening here already.
     When I first got here they introduced me in church and it was cool. It was fast Sunday and I did not get to near my testimony but I got to hear several others that were really good. One crazy guy bore testimony of how he wanted to play cards with everyone the next day and even showed them to everyone and said it would be fun. Yeah. Japan has some loose laws about who has to go to the nuthouse and who doesn't. No one has to go and the people that should just don't. Japan, gotta love it. Anyway, we got to break the fast with some American members at their house with all 6 missionaries and it was great. I was told to be good and build a good relationship with the members here so I played with their 4 and 2 year old sons and they loved me by the end of the night. It was way cool. I love kids. I'm glad I've already thought about being a teacher because if I can do it well it's definitely the right job for me. Anyway, enough about post-mission stuff, I've still got 10 months left.
     We had a New Years party today and it was fun. We hit rice with a big hammer until it was stretchy enough to choke a giraffe and then ate it. Way good. I made friends with a Chinese kid but he corrected my Chinese and said I messed up. Certain I was right I told him that I had NOT messed up, check again. I messed up. Japanese kanji and Chinese kanji are different and I got one wrong. It was close but I accidentally wrote e Japanese one instead of the Chinese one. Whoops. We were bros after that. That was about it.
     I unpacked today and need to send some stuff home to make room in my suitcases for my next transfer (which could be in one week). I don't have any pictures, the other elders have them so I'll try sending them next week.
Love you! Elder Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment