Monday, February 20, 2017

Sent home early :(

Soooo......
     You know that awkward moment when your interview with the Mission President takes an unexpected turn? Yeah. My last interview with President Nagano really surprised me because I was not expecting the curve ball he threw at me. I sit down and he asks me, "So Elder Rogers, you're Transfer 12 now right?"
     "I'm actually 10."
      "Oh, so you're still pretty young then. When do you go home?"
      "November 7th."
      "Oh! Actually I have news for you. You're going home early."                                                                "...............?.........?.....?.?..?.?????!?!?!!!?!?!!!!!!!?"
      "You're entire group is going to go home just 3 weeks or so early. You'll be home sometime in            October."
      "........?....??.....oh-kayyy...?" "So you just need to work harder for the rest of your time, ok?"
      "Yes sir!"
      And thus my mission was shortened. I will be home sometime mid-October. I don't know the exact date anymore. It just got changed because there's some Mission President Conference that messes with the transfer day. I'll find out exactly when I'm coming home later because I was thinking about it too hard and forgot to ask that important question. Whatever.
      As for the rest of this week:
     We had splits and during splits we were able to talk to Tsuneyasu, a little Chinese boy, about getting baptized. He was a little unsure about it until we explained it how a kid can understand. We put some water and pepper in a bowl and called the pepper "sin." Then we had him put his finger in it and he got dirty. We washed it off (baptism) and then put dish soap on his finger (the gift of the Holy Ghost). When he stuck his finger back in the bowl the pepper ran away from his finger and he stayed clean. After visually seeing a representation of what we were trying to explain, he got it and wanted to be baptized. I'm excited for him!
     We also helped some older members move into an apartment near the church, apparently so they can have us over to eat and practice teaching or so they can help us teach. They're way awesome and even took us out to eat afterwards. We went to a restaurant and had spaghetti while some American music played in the background. (I don't like listening to music on my mission by the way). Anyway, the members asked me if the song was English.
     "Yes."
     "What did he just say?"
Now this was a rap song so.....
     "It's probably better I don't translate it actually. Let's just say it's not something he should be saying."
Then he laughed and went on clueless that we were bleeding out of our ears. Lol
     Elder Holland did a special Conference just the other day and it was way awesome. Apparently there were like three of them but we only saw two. He was so into it and we all loved hearing what he had to say. I learned a lot and the lady in front of me was thinking about it real hard. I know because she kept nodding and at one point was actually laying down in the pew. (She was asleep). It was way good though.
     This week the Ward had a party and gave us all the leftover cookies. There were a lot and I sinned way hard with gluttony. So good though. Takasaki members are just too nice.

Well, that's about it for this week!
Love you all, Elder Rogers
Oh yeah, this is an erupting volcano we saw while driving around.  It
was cold so we decided to go warm up a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment