Monday, May 29, 2017

Moved to Mito

     So I got transferred from Takasaki to Mito this week.

      On Monday we had dinner with the Ookawaras in Takasaki and they fed us like kings. Especially since it would be one of the last things Elder Ito would eat before he became Brother Ito. So for that visit he said the opening prayer, the closing prayer, and gave the lesson. It was the Elder Ito show and it was awesome. We dropped him off at the train station on Wednesday morning and now he's on with his wife. I mean life. Lol. I'll miss him but I'm happy he's moving on with the next part of his life. Then it was my turn and I left for Mito on the other side of the mission, again. It took 5 hours and 2 old men approached me with interest in the church. One lives in Takasaki and the other lives in Mito. 2 new investigators on the train!
      Then I met my new companion, Elder Talbot. He likes dramas and singing loud and he's vegan..........yeah. This is where I find out if I can get along with absolutely any kind of person or not. If I can survive him, I can get along with anyone. Bring it on.
      We found a kid and gave him a church tour and he wants to meet for a lesson tomorrow! Woohoo! We'll see how many baptism pictures I can send home from Mito, which may be my last area.
      There weren't a lot of people outside this week because it was rainy and Japanese people are allergic to rain. The good news is that there's a saying amongst missionaries, "every day you proselyte in the rain, your wife gets prettier." So I smile extra big on rainy days and wouldn't mind if it rained for the remaining 5 months of my mission. Haha 😂
      We cleaned a beach today for Pday and then got food with some members. At the beach I found a big shell and found out that you can throw those like a frisbee. Oh yeah, since the Ward is smaller here they don't feed us as much and I can control my diet. That and I'm not a Zone Leader anymore so I have exercise time in the mornings. I've already shrunk my stomach quite a bit and it's great. I may even come home without rice cheeks!
      Not much happened this week so I'll stop here but hopefully I'll have a lot to write about next week! Until then, love you and have a great week!
      Elder Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment