Sunday, May 14, 2017

Miracles and Mothers Day Calls!

So this week was the best I've had in a while for many reasons.
    First off, my job as a Zone Leader just got way easier. They realized that we have so many meetings and stuff that we barely have time to Missionary so they cut us off the hook and said we don't have to do Zone Meetings anymore! Yaaaayyyyyy! I may not be a Zone Leader for much longer anyway, but if I am at least it's easier now.
      Then I went on Splits with the non-Assistants that live in Tokyo, which is where I thought I was going when I got my mission call. Biggest understatement ever but there are a lot of people in Tokyo. It's like being a salmon and swimming upstream. We were able to find 7 new investigators in a day! That's actually high even for Tokyo (average is 1 or 2) so it was a huge miracle. Interestingly enough a good chunk of the people missionaries are teaching right now are Chinese, not Japanese. So now a lot of missionaries are studying Chinese too. As if Japanese wasn't hard enough. I tried before but I just can't pronounce anything right. I tried speaking to a guy in Chinese and he was just like, "Whut?" and then I knew I was a failure. But it's ok.
      Then yesterday we were able to call our family for 40 minutes! That was so awesome but it went by so fast. I tried to be obedient and end right at 40 minutes but I miscalculated and ended up talking for 40:59. Bad Zone Leader.
     That's about it for this week! Love you!
               Elder Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment