Monday, May 22, 2017

Demoted and glad!

     So this week I got fired. Woohoo!
      True to Rogers fashion I went out with style and lots of fireworks and explosions.....of the spirit because real ones are illegal.

      This week was crazy because it was the last week of the Transfer and we still hadn't done any of our splits with the other Elders. So we did splits from Monday night to Saturday morning. I was away from Elder Lilya all week. I also had a new companion every day. That made it interesting when we started finding people because I would be with one person when I found a guy, and then I would be with a new person when we met for another lesson. And that second guy still wasn't my normal companion! So we found some new investigators that Elder Lilya still hasn't met. Which is a little awkward for the investigators because I'm transferring and I'm he only consistent one they know. Yeah, I dropped that bomb early in the email because I just can't suspense anymore. I got fired from Zone Leader in Takasaki and transferred east until I couldn't go any farther because I hit the ocean. I got transferred to Mito and I get to be a regular District Leader again. Yay! Yayayayayayayay!!!! Zone Leadering is a lot of work so I'm glad to have a LOT more time now. But anyway, I digress (that may be incorrect but I can't tell because I can't English speak moreany), back to the week of miracles.
      Day 1 of Splits week Elder Eyre (the most handsome missionary ever) and I were approached by a man from the U.K. who wanted to know if we could give him a Doctrine and Covenants because he had finished the Book of Mormon and wanted more! We traded LINE and set up a return appointment for that week which turned out really really good. He wants to meet with us every week and he's looking for truth with the intent of joining the church! I also put Vietnamese materials in my bag because I felt like it and then while we were walking down the street a million Vietnamese people start walking out of a school for Vietnamese people that opened up like last week without me knowing! Coincidence? I think not!
      Day 2 of Splits week Elder Purba and I went to Keizai University's English Speaking Society. Maybe Elder Purba should come to Takasaki because he did such a good job entertaining the 100 students there. He got them relaxed and having fun so they were able to learn a lot more and it was great. There is a growing number of them wanting to come to our classes now.
      Day 3 of Splits week Elder Hales and I left the apartment right after personal study and ran into a young man on the street who told us he was Buddhist and loved prayer. We set an appointment for the next day, picked him up, did a church tour, and taught him some of the Plan of Salvation. At Pre-mortal existence he stops to tell us that he thinks we met there and that it wasn't chance that we were meeting to talk about Jesus. He thinks what we're learning together is very important and prayed that he'd be able to learn well. He's super kinjin! After that we only had a little while for housing so we prayed for guidance and the third door we knocked on a young Chinese girl comes out and I happened to have packed Chinese materials in my bag that day. So I whip out the Plan of Salvation pamphlet and she asks if she can come to church! She's got a 5 month old girl so it was important to her and she gave us her husband's number.
      Day 4 of Splits week Elder Gonzalez and I were housing and I noticed a house had the Okinawa Shisa dogs. So we house it and the guy says he doesn't have time then, starts throwing around Hail Marys, and invites us to come back on Sunday! We found a lot of new investigators and I didn't even mention all the new English students we found!
      Another cool thing (or disappointing depending on who's asking) was my return date got changed again. I heard Salt Lake changed the date for their Mission President Training so I go home as originally planned. That's cool. I'm excited to continue working here in the best Mission on Earth!

No comments:

Post a Comment