Tuesday, June 6, 2017

When you want the lion to do something, put little kids in front of him.

     So this week I don't remember much of so if it seems short that's because so is my memory.

      So we took a formerly less active to Institute because his mom won't let him go unless we do and it was pretty interesting. They study out of the marriage guide. These things have been happening with growing frequency over the past couple of transfers. Lol. The teacher said I was pretty smart for someone who's never had a girlfriend. I've had much better practice; companions that I'm not in any way attracted to. If I can put up with them, I can find ways to get along with someone I do like.
      We taught a ton of English classes this week. We started a Children's English class and a ton of people came! There were like a million kids and parents so we ended up making two classes so we could teach the parents too. It was cool. I like the cute little Asian kids. (:
      We also had splits with the Zone Leaders and it was fun. We talked to a lot of people all night and found a super strong high schooler who does shot put. He can throw it far enough to qualify for nationals! Anyway, he wants to meet and learn about church this week.
      We went to Ibaraki University and participated in the English club. While there I found two kids who were Christian but didn't go to church. They asked where ours was so they could give it a look sometime. Then we got Indo curry with them for dinner.
      My companion, Elder Talbot, made friends with a young family that we met at an English Activity and they like him so much at they invited us to come to the zoo with them. It was a free entrance day so we didn't even have to spend any money! It was pretty cool and the kids were fun. They kept running all over the place so it was good they brought us so we could chase them down and watch them. Tricky family.
      And that brings us to today, Zone Pday! We're going to the Zone Leaders' area to do.......something. They didn't say what. We'll do.......something and then spend the night because we live really far away and tomorrow is Zone Conference.
      I didn't take much pictures because my area is mostly rice fields (still look really cool) with a HUGE city in the middle. It's just rice as far as you can see and then BOOM! giant city. We've spent all our time in the city so far and it's my most populated area. Even though everybody else thinks it's the tanbos. Just goes to show that when you get called to the Japan, Tokyo Mission it doesn't mean you'll be in the city.
      Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment