Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Last Temple Trip

This week felt really long. Last Monday feels like 2 weeks ago.
     So last week we went to Zone Pday and I didn't write what we were doing because I didn't know. Well, we ended up making armor and weapons out of cardboard and fighting in the gym. It was "Lamanites vs Nephites" and just like the last battle in the Book of Mormon, the Lamanites won. That's too bad. But I was actually on the Lamanite team and we kicked butt. It was pretty fun. That night a king fu teacher came and taught us. It was way fun and fast paced. We're not allowed to hit each other or anything but he went toe to toe with me and told me to block. Then he preceded to punch at me and miraculously he didn't hit me at all. Then he realized that we weren't supposed to hit people or get hit and he stopped. It was cool.
     We taught our kids English class again and the Sisters taught the kids while we taught the moms. It went really well. The only problem is that they emergency transferred the Sisters this week so now it's just us. We probably won't be able to run a class with that many kids and just 2 of us. So there's a possibility that that class might end up dying. We aren't sure yet. One good thing that came from the Sisters leaving is we got all their food, including a really expensive steak. I cut it in half and my companion actually ate it. It was so good. Other than that we're just really sad the Sisters are leaving. Since they're leaving, my District became just me and my companion. That was a problem so they made me co-District Leader with another Elder and combined our Districts. It's weird but I guess it will work.
     We went to an English activity at a high school this week and talked about World issues in English. I don't really like talking about world issues for a few reasons. One, I have no idea what's happened in the last year and a half. Two, the kids always have weird opinions on things. Three, lots of other stuff. But all in all it was good and at the end they made a hallway of students to high five us on the way out. We also went to the English club at Ibaraki University and it was fun. We talked a lot and my group laughed and had a lot of fun. Then we took some of them out to eat again and had a good time.
     This family that really likes us asked if we could hang out on Sunday and after explaining our rules for the Sabbath we told them we'd love to. Well, they load us up in the car and take us to a park. Except it's not the kind of park they said it would be, it was an amusement park with roller coasters and everything. They're so nice BUT even if it wasn't Sunday we couldn't have gone in. So we reexplained our rules and for some reason it just didn't quite click until we repeated it like 20 times. Eventually she got that we don't make other people work on Sunday and that by entering the amusement park we would cause someone to work. So we went to the beach instead and kept the commandments. There was a wedding going on down the beach and people were taking lots of pictures because it was a beautiful day.
     I'm so grateful for my mission and all the good it's done for me. I'm also grateful that I still have 5 months left to serve the Lord full time. It really is a huge blessing and has been "the best 2 years" so far.
      Elder Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment