Monday, September 4, 2017

Another Emergency Transfer out of Kisarazu....

     So Emergency Transfers are never fun so we'll put that off to the side and talk about the positives first. We got to spend some quality time with our Recent Converts this week reteaching them some of the lessons and talking to them. They're so amazing and pure. We got to spend a day teaching Takashi to prepare him for the temple so we can go with him at the end of September. We got to go down to Kamogawa, the most beautiful spot in the whole mission, twice this week. While there we saw our long lost less active doctor Branch President. He's been living at the hospital for like 2 months unable to come to church but we saw him just as we were walking down the street. Then on Sunday he came back to church! I was able to meet his new baby daughter for the first time and she is so cute! And I saw Yoshi-kun and he has gotten bigger. He runs and even talks a little bit now! What added to that was when the Higashis came to church they brought a ton of food for us! But they weren't he only ones this week, everybody wanted to feed us. On Wednesday Wenting fed us lunch AND bought us dinner! Two meals in one day! Then Thursday the Sugimotos fed us dinner at their house. Friday Jojo walked in to District Meeting holding McDonald's he had brought for lunch. Then he made us dinner too! My Recent Converts are angels. They both fed me lunch and dinner in the same day and neither of them knew the other had. They both just spontaneously did it of their own will. We met Tai during one of our trips to Kamogawa and she bought us snacks and really good grape juice. We just got some much love food put into us this week! This did not happen last time! I'm just surrounded by angles here that are almost too nice. Actually, buying me a watch and feeding me twice in a day might qualify as too nice.
      Our investigators are doing really well. Mikami is almost done with his rice harvest and then he decided to work on his own so he can pick his schedule and come to church! Yay! If he starts coming to church he can be baptized! We also ran into Liu in Kamogawa and she showed us that she was carrying around the triple combination we gave her and she was reading it all the time, even at work! So cool!
   
      Now for the Emergency Transfer. Sunday night the Assistants call us and that's never good. They probably don't like it but missionaries hate calls from the Assistants because they're so busy they'll only ever call you for something bad. Sorry, the truth probably hurts from their side too, nobody wants to talk to them. Anyway, they call right before bed on Sunday night just like they always do for emergency transfers and I know that's the only thing it could be. So I answer the phone kind of confused and scared. But they ask for my companion so I relax a little but am still disturbed because I know something is about to go down. Elder Smith is going to Urayasu, that's in Tokyo, tomorrow. My new companion is Elder Otani, my very first Japanese companion. Also, he will be my last companion and get the honors of killing me.

Elder Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment