Tuesday, June 28, 2016

So many missionaries!

Hello everyone, sorry you won't get this until Tuesday but P-Day was
crazy today.

     This week was pretty amazing. For my last day in Ushiku Elder
O'Connor and I were setting goals and we realized we hadn't been
finding a whole lot of people. Then I remembered reading last week's
email about some missionaries setting high goals and getting 6 people
at church and what President Yamashita said, "Think big!" So we
decided that the reason we weren't finding people was because we were
limiting ourselves and we needed to think bigger. So we went out to
find two new investigators that day and we did! We found two middle
school kids who can meet with us (Elder O'Connor and his new
companion) and they seemed really interested. One of them actually ran
over to me after just to confirm the time and he'll probably be coming
to Eikaiwa or Eiken too!
     We also had transfer calls and I was so excited to come here to
Kisarazu and work with Elder Purba. We were in the same apartment when
I was a beanchan so we get along really well. What's better is that we
dendou really well together. We can practically read each other's
minds and just have such good unity. There hasn't been a lot of
success lately in this area but I remembered that the only thing that
had limited me before was not thinking big enough. So we set higher
goals and went out to achieve them. On Saturday we found: a new
investigator (not sweet spot but still pretty sweet), 3 new PIs with
contact info (sweet spot and close to it), and a family that's very
interested in FREE Eikaiwa. It was just a miracle day. We talked to
everyone and we were blessed for it. It really built our faith and I
think we can get this area up and rolling.

     So as for this P-Day, we went to Tokyo for the BYU Hawaii
Concert.  It was so fun!  Missionaries from Tokyo South came too.
There were so many missionaries, easily over 100.  I haven't been
around that many other missionaries since the MTC.  It was really good
to see a lot of friends from the MTC and from previous areas.  The
concert was really great too.  BYU Hawaii's got talent.  We got to see
so many awesome performances.  I also got to see President and Sister
Nagano.  It was super cool.  We didn't have any time for anything
today so I'm writing this email on the bus on the way back.  It's
11:40pm right now but it's ok because we're on our way back with a
member.  President Nagano offered to let us stay at the honbu but we
have places to be tomorrow.  Oh well, sleepy dendou (proselyting) it
is tomorrow.  I'll attach lots of pictures and maybe that'll help me
remember what happened this week.

I love you all,
Elder Rogers

                                                              My last night in Ushiku



I caught two lizards, and thought Scott might think it was cool.

Guess where I went.....Tokyo!



Thought Grant might like these cars.

Momma, look who I found!

This is my new area.  I snapped the sign as we were driving by on the expressway. 

No comments:

Post a Comment