Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Missions are fun!

This week was nice. I felt pretty good this week.

      First off I went to college and just walked around talking to kids. I can't proselyte on campus because that's illegal and I don't like jail cells but there's no problem with me talking to kids. So I just walked around and talked to kids, made friends, traded phone numbers etc. and got invited to play basketball and stuff with them. It was nice. We do that and then invite them to our activities like English class and church and then help them become Investigators. It's so much easier than you'd think. You just have to be reasonably likable.
     We also went to this awesome Okinawa style park because the weather was nice and we figured young families would be there to talk to. Apparently it's just like the best date spot here because all those young families weren't even started yet, it was just a bunch of twenty-sumthin'-year-old couples. But, while we there we had a good idea for Zone P-day. There's room for all sorts of sports and even a BBQ pit so we'd just spend a nice day there with all the YSAs and youth. Pretty good idea, huh?
      The next day we went to a conference for Elder Choi. He gave the talk, "Don't look around, Look up!" in General Conference. He talked to us a lot about having more faith and talking to more people. He also talked about singing a lot and then getting married. Our leaders like to do that because they know we haven't talked to girls in who even knows how long. Anyway, after that got over we hit the streets and talked to everybody. Every man that is. We talked to everyone on the street, waiting in the train station, inside the train, on our bikes home, at restaurants where we eat, everyone. That made me feel really happy because I knew I had done the very best I could and if there was anyone ready to hear the gospel, I had definitely talked to them. So no regrets.I recommitted myself to make every day like that until the end.
     We had splits and I took Elder Culverwell, the bean-chan, with me to the samurai dojo. He had a great time. Then we had a volleyball activity after that so it was all fun proselyting with him.
     On Sunday we invited all the YSAs to come to dinner with us at the church and we'd feed them then teach them English and share a spiritual message. It was like extended family home evening. I miss that a lot and my family better be ready when I get back because that is so happening! It was way fun and everybody is excited for next week.
     Elder Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment