Monday, March 6, 2017

The blessings of getting hit by a car

So this week had a couple of firsts for me.

     For starters I became the area leader and my companion is a transfer 5 Zone Leader! He's way cool and such a great missionary. His name is Elder Lilya and we just get along so well. His dad is Air Force so we tend to think alike. We just can't agree on which is better: Air Force or Marines. The answer is Marines by the way.
     Anyway, I won't make you wait until the end of my email like I sometimes do. I got hit by a car. I was riding by the highway and this car was coming at me and I realized that the lady driving wasn't looking so she didn't slow down as she got closer to me. She wasn't actually going fast, she was coming to a stop. Anyway, I couldn't dodge it but it didn't look too bad so I just braced for impact and BOOM! Actually it wasn't bad at all. There was no boom. It bumped me and I just continued on like nothing happened. Nothing hurt and my bike was good so I went to check if she was ok because she was freaking out. After assuring her that I was NOT hurt at all and my bike was NOT broken she calmed down. Interestingly enough the only thing damaged was her car. It had a scratch on the front but was nothing severe. Since there were no damages done to either party we called it good and just kept going. And as we kept going we met Yamamoto. He's a mid-aged guy who was kind of interested in what we had to say so we did another first and took him to the church right then for a tour. He thought it was great when we explained that we help others come unto Christ by getting baptized and traded numbers with us. Later that night he even called us to give us his address and check our appointment!
     I don't have much time, but those are probably the only things you'd really care about. Is week was pretty good, I just left out a lot of it. I'll fill you all in sometime when I'm not a Zone Leader.
Elder Rogers

1 comment: