Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Another 2 investigators have been baptized!‏

Hey everybody it's been an exciting week!
     So we've been talking to this lady who is super into the gospel
and her sister and a couple days ago she
said.................................her and her sister have already
been baptized!  So that's two investigators who've been baptized!
Yeah, we didn't have any baptisms here this time but that's ok.
     We taught some old guys and a young guy this past week.  It all
went good.  We played some basketball with some other people because
the church parking lot doubles as a bball court.  That was a ton of
fun but I discovered that I'm not nearly as good as I used to be.
That's one thing about me that was better in middle school.
We had splits and I went with BECKSTRAND CHŌRŌ! It was awesome!
We worked together really well, just like in the MTC. We did a lesson
with an older couple and we made the lady cry.  The man didn't because
he had hearing aids and probably just didn't hear us enough, I dunno.
But they gave us a referral and said they'd try to give them a Book of
Mormon for us!  They said our Japanese wasn't perfect (it was just
pretty good) but the spirit was.  That's the important part anyway.
So we were super happy about it.  We visited some less actives who
weren't home so we left them notes that said we loved them and wanted
to talk.  While we were biking around we talked to a lot of people and
most were actually interested and took our phone number!  I stopped a
biker gang...of elementary schoolers, and gave all of them fliers.
The trick is to find the ring leader and get him to take one, then the
rest think it's cool and want one too.  It was really great to be with
one of my MTC companions again and we had a lot of fun and a lot of
success.  We had a TimTam Slam to celebrate.  If you don't know what
that is you'll probably be ok.  It just about gave me diabetes in one
night.  It's an Australian snack that is basically chocolate wafers
with chocolate cream in the middle, then you bite the corners and suck
up hot chocolate through it and have a sugar overload.
     We had General Conference on Saturday and Sunday.  I was so
excited for that for weeks beforehand.  I was anticipating it more
than Christmas actually.  We had our own room for English and all day
to watch it.  It was fantastic!  If you haven't watched all of it I
highly recommend it.  President Uchtdorf gives a hilarious talk during
priesthood.  There are also really powerful stories and experiences
shared.  I like the one about the little girl's writing assignment.
She is told that she drank a witch's brew and then asked to write what
happens.  She says, "I will die.  And then I will go to heaven.  I
will be happy there because I will be with my friends and family
forever."  It was just great to me that even a first grade girl knew
God's plan for her and could share it with those around her.  It also
made it all the way to conference, just going to show that the most
powerful messages don't have to be elegant or flowery.  I know I'm not
the best writer or Japanese speaker, but I can do what that little
girl did.  I can tell people what I know is true, the very best I can,
and it will be enough.
     Today was temple P-day and it was awesome.  That's about it.  Go
to the temple as often as you can, it's great.  I love you all, take
care, make good choices.

Elder Rogers




No comments:

Post a Comment