Monday, January 25, 2016

Still Teaching

So this week was pretty cool too.
     We went to District Meeting and I gave a training during that.  It
actually went really well and I think everyone enjoyed it and learned
from it.  We did a lot of mogi lessons with members and we're getting
better at teaching.  We've started meeting with a less active and he
is a delight.  I love this guy.  He knows so much about the church and
he speaks English!  We always have good discussions with him and he is
visibly reactivating.  We invited him to ping pong and he's interested
in that.  He also has a few friends that go to our church so that's
good.  We had them invited him to a karaoke activity and I think he
liked it.  We also invited him to come to church with us and his wife
too.  They are very promising and I'm really glad we met them.
People have been feeding us a lot lately even when it's not mealtime.
They just give us food at random times in the day and they without
fail give us mugicha every time.  I don't actually mind it but a lot
of people say it tastes like dirt water.  It does but whatever.  I
just make sure that whatever they put in front of me gets eaten.  Then
they assume that I'm starving and will bring me more and more until
they run out.  I just sit there and politely eat all their food like a
typical American.
     We met a sister who just got back from a trip to China and she's this
close to baptism. (Pretend you can see me holding me fingers close
together). I'm excited for her.  We're going to meet with her a lot
and make sure she's ready.
     All's good here in Sakado B, Saitama West, Tokyo, Japan Mission.
We're doing good and having fun along the way.  I really love the
people here, they're so nice.  I love all of you guys, stay safe.
I'll write again next week.
Elder Rogers



"Monkey Bread from one of the Sisters in the Ward."


No comments:

Post a Comment