Monday, September 12, 2016

District Leader AND Training!

When I first came to Kisarazu this area had nothing going for it.
Now, we see crazy miracles almost every day!  This past week was a
great way to end the transfer.

    To start the week we went to go visit a new investigator (we're
getting a lot of those now) that Elder Purba found during a split.  We
went to his house and he wasn't there so we decided we'd just look for
him on the ride back home.  Well, as we were riding down the street
Elder Purba sees Souken (the guy we're looking for)!  We talked to him
and went to a park together.  We taught him some basic skills like
giving/receiving directions in English, introductions, and how to
throw a football.  It was really cool and he wants to meet us every
week now!
    One of our progressing investigators (we have 4 now, which is 4
more than before) is reading the Book of Mormon and praying every day.
I call her every night and explain a scripture story to her, then she
reads it and prays about it.  She's doing really good right now.
    We had a going-away party with the Nakazatos for Elder Purba just
in case he left.  He's been here for 7.5 months!  We went to Sushiro
and had a ton of sushi.  Naturally, Miyuki wouldn't let us pay and
forced us to eat more than we wanted to.  She's so nice it hurts
sometimes.  My stomach and her wallet.  Speaking of which, we moved
Ichihara Shimai's furniture around for her and then she literally
dragged Elder Purba (I had to follow) into a buffet and made us eat a
ridiculous amount of vegetables.  It was good but I didn't really need
6 plates of it.
    We had splits and Elder Watabe and I were together this time.  We
ran into a Less Active member that Elder Purba and I had been trying
to contact for 3 months on the street and I was able to introduce
myself to her.  We invited her to church and she said she'd try to
start coming again.  I Facebook messaged a college student I met a
while back asking if we could meet again and he said yes!  We're
mutually very excited.  Elder Watabe and I visited another Less Active
named Jun and invited him to church and he said he'd try to bring a
friend too!  Elder Purba and Elder Johnson managed to find a new
investigator during the splits and called a Former Investigator who
wants to meet again and learn more!  While Elder Purba and I were
trying to find the new investigator's house we accidentally messed up
and knocked on the "wrong" door.  A college girl came out and we were
just like, "why not?  Let's try to teach her."  Turns out she has some
interest and wants to learn English from us.  We asked if we could
come back and she said yes.
    And lastly we have Jonivar.  He's a jacked Filipino guy who has a
crazy job that keeps him from coming to church sometimes.  He flies in
a helicopter to the top of electrical towers and paints them.  But if
the weather is bad he can't do it and gets the day off.  Well the past
2 Sundays it's rained so he came to church.  This week we taught him
how to pray and he said he'd pray every day from now on.  We also
talked about the Restoration and asked him if he believes it.  He said
yes and wants to get baptized!  We just have to make sure he
understands everything first and is ready for baptism.  I think he
will definitely get baptized.  :):):)  I've been waiting a long time
for this so I'm going to work really hard to get him ready.
    I forgot to mention Transfer Calls.  Elder Purba will go to Kiryu
West and become Zone Leader there.  His area will be Koiwa, which is
famous for its big and supportive Ward.  The #1 most supportive Ward
in the mission.  As for me, I will be staying in Kisarazu because
President Nagano still has work for me here.  I'm the new District
Leader and I will also be training.  It's a lot of new
responsibilities at once, so wish me luck.  I'll need it.  My District
has changed a little bit.  Elder Purba and Elder Watabe are both
becoming Zone Leaders somewhere else.  Elder Johnson and I are staying
and training.  Also worthy of note, Elder Beckstrand and Elder
Jackson, my MTC companions, both became District Leaders!
     I'm looking forward to a great next transfer and hope I can
improve enough to handle it.  Wish me luck!

A store at the mall where Ichihara Shimai took us to get lunch.
Elder Purba's Catch of the day.

The whole Sugimoto family.  This picture in itself was a huge miracle because the daughter on the far left never come inside if the missionaries are over.  She did this time. :)


 
Elder Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment