Monday, August 22, 2016

The story, as promised

We go down to Tateyama, a little beach town a lot like Okinawa,
every week on Tuesdays.  We go there to help Mizuno Shimai with her
garden.  She lives at the top of a super tall and steep mountain.  A
typhoon came and rained a lot while we were there so the road was
pretty wet.  As we were on our way home I was going pretty quick down
this mountain because it's steep.  Maybe 50Ks or more.  That's pretty
fast.  I couldn't slow down very much either because the road was wet
and my tires started slipping around if I did.  Well at the bottom of
this mountain is a really sharp curve so I was trying to slow down to
make it.  Well, yeah, my back tire started swimming like a fish and as
I started turning it swung out in front of me.  I stuck out my left
foot and smacked it really hard on the street, thus slowing me down by
quite a lot and allowing me to skid instead of roll.  My bike rolled
under me and I rolled over it onto my elbows and hands.  I managed to
keep myself from hitting anything important, just my elbows, hands,
knees, and feet.  Nothing on my torso or head or neck.  I was wearing
my helmet though, just in case.  The crazy thing is that I crashed and
stood up and walked away from it in a total of about 3 seconds.  I
actually landed on my feet.  I should've broken something but I just
got a few scrapes and a swollen, bruised heel.  Some people saw us on
the side of the road and came over to help.  They called us an
ambulance and I got to ride in one for the first time ever.  It was
really cool.  We told jokes to the guys inside and missionary-ed them
up.  They may come to our English class and might even be interested
in the gospel.  Everything just works out.  I had X-rays taken at the
hospital and then like 12 people started working on me.  They poured
alcohol all over me and it stung worse than the cuts.  Then they gave
me a wheelchair.  I gave it back and hopped myself out of there and
into a taxi.  The driver took us to the station and then we went home.
We might've ridden home but the police took our bikes.  We called some
members and they got our bikes back for us so we're all good.  Anyway,
I had no injuries under my garments.  Naturally.  President Nagano and
Sister Nagano prayed for me and I was able to ride a bike the next day
and get back to work despite them wanting me to take a break.  I told
them I was fine and was miraculously healed.  My cuts are basically
gone now and I can walk almost exactly like normal.  The reason I had
a wheelchair at Zone Meeting is because Elder Purba and I found it and
thought it would be funny to wheel me in and then have me walk out at
the end.  It was and people freaked out.  I'm fine, don't worry, God
IS taking care of me.  No doubt about it.  He will protect me from any
danger I could possibly find myself in.  I know He takes care of all
of His children, especially His missionaries.  I'm very thankful for
the prayers of all those who have been praying for me.  I know now
that nothing can stop me so long as I put my trust in the Lord and do
what he wants me to.  It really was an awesome miracle and I'm glad it
happened.  An added bonus was that the members gave us a ton of food!

Love you all!  Sorry if I worried any of you, but I'm totally fine
now.  That was almost a week ago.


Elder Rogers


No comments:

Post a Comment