Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Temple P-Day!

Hello once again friend, family, and others that my mom asked be put
on the list,
(Just kidding I love y'all)

     So, first off for this week I had splits with Elder Ito.  He's
Japanese and I actually knew him back in Sakado, my first area.  So
we're practically best buds.  He's really cool.  We spoke Japanese all
day together and it was really cool to see how far I've come since the
MTC.  I'm still at a lower level than a 6-year-old but I can survive.
We worked hard all day trying to find people and we talked to
everyone.  We traded phone numbers with 3 people who said they'd want
to meet again!  And then yesterday I saw one of them on the street
again!  He was still interested and we're going to do a church tour
with him.
     We had a really cool District Meeting that my companion set up
and I learned a lot of good skills.  I just want to continually try
new things and improve.  Elder Purba is a little self-conscious so he
asked me if his training was boring.  I'll send you a video of how he
took my answer.  ;)
     We visited the Kisarazu Bad-Daddy, Brother Sugimoto, this week
and I love him!  He is super funny.  He lives right down the street
from a really big, really nice, great and spacious, Yakuza (Japanese
Mafia) house.  He says they're not that bad of neighbors actually.  He
even used to be friends with some of them but then decided against it.
     We went to do volunteer work at a Private Middle/High School
twice last week.  We were helping students with their English BYU
Speech Contest about the importance of families.  It was really good,
except I discovered that families are absolutely destroyed by Japanese
lifestyles.  Families never spend any time together, and when they do
they don't know how to act.  Honestly, everyone just needs to hurry up
and join the church because it would fix every single problem they
have.  But anyway, we helped them out and they love us now and we're
going back two more times this week.
     And finally, we met with a guy who wanted to learn about our
religion.  Or so we thought.  He brought a friend, which we thought
was cool until we realized that neither were interested in our
religion at all.  They kept trying to convert us to Buddhism but we
were like, "Why would I ever give up my happiness and salvation to
live a life full of sadness and loneliness like you guys?"  Well we
didn't convert, but they sure didn't either.
     Today is temple P-day and Elder Purba and I have quite a day
planned.  We're going all over Tokyo and hitting all the cool spots.
I'll send lots of pictures.  Love you all!

Elder Rogers





No comments:

Post a Comment