Monday, May 2, 2016

Mother's Day calls are next week! That and Transfer Calls.‏

Herro everybody,

So this week was pretty good.  We met a few new people with a lot of
potential.  There is a guy who works for a non-profit organization and
is always super busy, but we can meet him at night sometimes and he's
very interested.  Sister Tobe is awesome and when we have to go home
she keeps talking to them and has had really good conversations with
them.  Actually they're a lot more like lessons because she's just so
awesome.  I also met a skateboard shop owner who has been to church
before and he wants to come back sometime.  So we're really excited
for that.  Other than that we've had some meal appointments with some
members that have gone really well.  They've invited all four elders
and there have been investigators there and lessons and everything
just works out great.  We had fast Sunday and it was awesome.  To
break our fast we went to a member's house and it was just a great
experience.  The dad usually has a resting face that looks like he
hates everyone around him but while we were there he was actually
smiling!  I thought his face might crack!  It was awesome.  Tonight we
had a party with our Brazilian friend Jose and his posse for his
birthday.  We are really excited for that.  Next week is transfer
calls so I may or may not be staying here.  I hope I do stay because I
really like it here.  We also have Mothers Day Calls home, that is
something I'm really really really looking forward to as well.  I can
Skype my family for 40 minutes!  And I will have been out here for 1/4
of my mission!  Time sure flies.
Love you all

Elder Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment