Tuesday, March 1, 2016

金人!! KINJIN!! Golden Investigator!‏

Hey guys,

      This week was just the best. So there have been a lot of hard
 things going on lately, but I won't tell you much about that because I
 really want to focus on the MIRACLE that happened recently. All
 right, get ready for another week in Sakado (my area).
 Last week we visited a lot of people and brought them little
 presents and cards because they are just such awesome members and they
 always feed us and help us with our teaching. So we visited a lot of
 amazing people and I just love them to death. They let us practice
 teaching with them and then gave us really good advice. So great. :)
 We had a Zone Conference and it was the funniest thing ever. The
 Naganos gave trainings and they're so funny. They showed us a
 training video they made that started with like the Star Wars intro.
 It was hilarious. We got lots of trainings on how to be better
 missionaries and I learned a lot. We also got to hear the returning
 missionaries' testimonies which was just fantastic. They are so
 awesome and I want to be just like them.
      We walked our hurt friend's crazy dog again and then it rained
 hard and cold on us for the hour long bike ride back. We did,
 however, get to help someone along the way. There was an umbrella in
 the middle of the road and an old guy looking very wet, cold, and sad
 that he dropped his umbrella. So I grabbed it and ran it across the
 busy street and gave it back to him. He needed some help closing his
 weird gate so I did that for him and then offered to help him anytime.
 He knew we were missionaries and we had actually talked to him the day
 before. He doesn't want to meet with us but at least he knows who we
 are.
      We've been streeting and housing by a college for the past few
 days. Lots of people are busy though. We get a lot of "kekko"s,
 which means "I'm fine." Yesterday we actually found someone who took a
 Book of Mormon and has agreed to meet again! And then we found
 another guy the next day! It was awesome. We also found a guy who
 knew exactly who we were, and the moment he opened the door he was
 like, "Noooooo! NononononoNO!" We were just like, "so you've met
 missionaries before have you?" I thought it was hilarious.
      We had a lady call the church building one night and I answered
 the phone luckily. She's a self referral! She was like, "Hi I want
 to come to church and take the lessons is that ok?" I freaked out a
 little bit but I controlled myself and said, "That would be fine, I
 look forward to meeting you." And then I threw a party with everyone
 else in the building. She's soooo kin (golden). We showed her the
 church and taught her a lesson during Sunday school that we made up on
 the spot. We did it in front of all the members too. She understood
 everything and wanted to learn more so we taught her again after
 church. Then she met us again last night and we taught her the Plan
 of Salvation. She loved it and we really loved it too. We got her to
 agree to calling her every night (to check up on the daily scripture
 study we committed her to), meeting 3 times a week (we're meeting
 again tomorrow), and we set a baptismal date with her! All in the
 same lesson with absolutely no problems. WOOHOOO! She is so
 prepared, we didn't even teach that well. But the Spirit told her
 what we were saying was true and she listened.
      I went to the temple today for the first time since getting here
 and it was great. I had headphones so I could listen in English but I
 did most of it in Japanese anyway. It was such a good experience. We
 got to see all the other missionaries and even some missionaries from
 Tokyo South! The place was packed with missionaries. Oh, did I
 forget to mention that we found ANOTHER NEW INVESTIGATOR! Yeah, we
 kind of did and he wants to meet with us again like, on Friday. So
 that's something. After that me and Elder Lewis just went and got
 some Indo curry to celebrate and break his diet again. Totally worth
 it.
      So yeah, this week was pretty good. I've had a lot of fun.
 We've made peace with the man downstairs but his wife seems to hate
 us. Whatever, I guess. Can't win 'me all. The Naganos visited our
 apartment to give us pads for the floor so we'd be more quiet and then
 we went into peace negotiations with the guy downstairs. He's
 actually a really little guy, not scary at all. So all's well in our
 area once again and things are getting better. Also, we did the
 fastest clean up you have ever seen, Best Two Years style, right
 before the Naganos came over. (That's my mission President by the
 way). There wasn't actually that much to clean though, but we wanted
 it to look perfect for them. It was great, Sister Nagano about had a
 heart attack it looked so good. That's about it. Love you guys, take
 care.

 Elder Rogers

"Saitama Zone Conference"


No comments:

Post a Comment