Monday, February 15, 2016

Cat hat and crutches man‏

Hello everybody,
This week has been awesome.  I'm going to keep this one short because
we're going to be going places today with the other Elders in my
apartment one last time before they transfer.  We had a
spirit-fire-filled lesson with one of our investigators again with the
Kimuras and it was awesome!  Sister Kimura speaks with the tongue of
angels I tell you.  Every time she explains something to our
investigators they understand and act on what they learn!  Anyway, our
investigator is progressing.  We did New Missionary Follow Up training
this week so I got to see President Nagano again.  That's always fun.
I also got to see all my friends from the MTC and they're all doing
really well.  We went on splits with our District leader and I got to
talk to a guy who loves reading the Book of Mormon.  He says he'll
read the whole thing!  So, Cat hat and crutches man.  On our way to an
appointment we got lost, about 30 feet away from their house.  That
actually happens a lot in Japan because Japanese people don't mark
their houses.  So we're sitting there lost and a guy cruises on by
real slow on his bike.  He's having a little trouble and we're trying
to figure out why as he gets closer.  When he passes us he's carrying
like 8 crutches and he's wearing a blue cat hat.  It's like those
binis from Korea.  It was so weird.  He looked like he had just robbed
a hospital or something.  Anyway we taught a couple more lessons, they
were awesome.  I'm a a missionary, it's awesome.  The usual.  We went
to an activity Bishop invited us to and he made us clean up...the
food.  That was really awesome.  We have a guy who comes to our
tutoring program (and has been for the past 30 years) he always likes
the missionaries but never takes lessons.  Well, UNTIL NOW!  My
companion slipped from American history to Book of Mormon history with
him last night and now the guy wants to learn more.  My companion
taught him a lot about the Lamanites and Book of Mormon things.  I was
busy teaching the kinjin kendo kid English.  But we're going to get
him reading the Book of Mormon!  (The guy who's been talking to
missionaries for 30 years). That's about it, today we're going to a
temple/shrine and getting tabehodai (all you can eat) Indo curry.  I'm
excited.
Elder Rogers

"My whole district. Also, check out my new haircut."

No comments:

Post a Comment